Saturday 4 August 2012

LBRCC Club '10' and the Wiggo effect.

Leighton Buzzard Road Cycling Club held it's inaugural ten mile time trial on the F12 over the Leighton Buzzard bypass this weekend - August 4th.
Though not riding myself as I was on time keeping duties. We still fielded probably the largest 'Teamgreen' squad for any event so far. And the abilities were very mixed. From experienced road and criterium racers, to 'old hands' at testing and right through to those competing in a sporting cycle event for the first time ever.
The overall turnout was pretty good as well, considering the weather wasn't sure what it was doing. So it dumped rain on one half of the course and left the other half bathing in sunshine, but still chucked in a good dose of mixed wind conditions for good measure. That in mind short 'twenties' weren't going to be coming in thick and fast. Out of the 82 strong field only two riders looked like they could do it including our celebrity tester for the day a certain Mr Ian Cammish, nine times holder of the 'British Best All Rounder (BBAR).

However taking in the times at the finish flag it was evident that the course was being demanding. And only the zero numbers recorded fast times. I could feel for my team as I sat in the time keepers car...I really could. Especially those testing for the first time, with no idea of what to expect.
Anyway as someone once said 'I counted them all out and I counted them all back'. Including Adam, Teamgreens current fast man who went out last man. And true to form came in the fastest clubman.

He probably wont see this, but I really want to thank Andy from Spirit Racing for his invaluable  help with the organisation of the event....cheers mate.

Ian Cammish, back in the day
I'll update with results when available.

No comments: